Oracle Database 19c Installation Requirements On Windows
Server hardware requirements
The server hardware configuration is very important. Whether you install Oracle 19c in physical machine or virtual machine, the following minimum configuration must be satisfied:
- Processor: AMD64 or Intel EM64T;
- Physical RAM: 2 GB minimum;
- Swap (virtual memory): at least the same size as the physical memory (2 GB minimum);
- Available disk space: 12 GB (OS excluded);
- Video adapter: 256 colors;
- Display (screen resolution): 1024 x 768 minimum.
Hard disk requirements
Oracle strongly recommends that you install the Oracle database home (Oracle database binaries, trace files, and so on) on Oracle ACFS or NTFS.
For a single database instance installation, you will need around 12 GB of disk space. This space includes :
- temp space: 595 MB ;
- Oracle inventory: 53 MB ;
- Oracle home: 6.5 GB ;
- data files (admin, flash_recovery area, oradata, etc.): 4.4 GB.
Depending on the installation options selected, this size can be higher.
Supported Windows versions
Oracle Database 19c can be installed on the following Windows x64 distributions:
- Windows Server 2019 x64 – Standard, Datacenter and Essentials;
- Windows Server 2016 x64 – Standard, Datacenter and Essentials and Foundation;
- Windows Server 2012 R2 x64 – Standard, Datacenter and Essentials;
- Windows 10 x64 Pro – Enterprise and Education;
- Windows 8.1 x – Enterprise.